Thank you for your interest in Southern Documentary Fund's Fiscal Sponsorship Program. Please be sure to review eligibility requirements and review criteria prior to submitting your application.
A non-refundable application fee of $25 is required at time of submission. We will be unable to review your application if the fee has not been received.
We will review your application and contact you with a decision within 14 days of receiving your proposal.
- Project Director is based in the American South and/or telling stories about or related to the American South. SDF currently serves the following Southern states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- Proposal is for a documentary media project. This includes: short & feature film, television, docu-series, web-series, podcast, photography, experimental and immersive media.
- Project falls within the scope of SDF's mission and values.
NOTE: If your project has special circumstances regarding eligibility, please feel free to reach out to our Program Manager: email@example.com
- Subject matter of project is relevant to the mission of SDF.
- Primary team members have a strong connection to the story.
- Proposal is well-researched and clearly presented.
- Project has a feasible budget and fundraising plan.
- Project Director and collaborators posses the skills necessary to successfully complete the project.
- The applicant shows an understanding of their intended audience and how to reach them.
For more information regarding Fiscal Sponsorship, please visit: southerndocumentaryfund.org/programs/fiscal-sponsorship
As a fiscally sponsored project of SDF you are entitled to make one disbursement request per month. Those funds will be disbursed electronically to your account within 14 days of this request. In order to disburse funds, you must have submitted a W9 and completed your bill.com account.
Please prepare a report of anticipated expenses and/or expenses paid.
Anticipated Expenses – submit an outline of what disbursed funds will be used for.
Expenses Paid – submit documentation for funds spent for which you are requesting a disbursement for.
- We do not pay vendors directly.
- You are responsible for maintaining good bookkeeping for all project expenses. You must retain all invoices, receipts, and other financial records for auditing purposes and make those items available to SDF upon request.
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org